Thursday, July 14, 2011

News

So I have told a couple of you, I have recently lost my job at H.I.S Painting. It's nothing that I did, and I wasn't the only one. They really just don't have any business. I am not mad at them either. Several people are getting pay-cuts. It was a huge shock, but you know, it probably happened for the best. I did that job because I had to, so now I am going to search for a job that I really want. My boss also said that when I apply for a job, she wants to be a big part of it. She told me to tell her what I am applying for, and she would like to speak with the hiring manager directly. She also wrote a great letter of recommendation. I am really going to focus on event planning.

Right now, I just have a lot of time on my hands. I pretty much look forward to cleaning the house every day--shocker! I have been listening to the Harry Potter books while I clean too. I am on the 4th one! It is a little lonely, because Sean is at work every day--all day. There aren't that many people here my age, and if they are, they have children and other priorities. So, I am adjusting, but it is what it is.

You know, it's hard, but the Lord puts things in our path for a reason. I enjoyed my time there, and it was a bit of a let-down, but now, it's just a new chapter in my life. We will see what happens next.

5 comments:

Alesha said...

That's too bad, Meagan. I hope things start looking up for you. You know, if you're having a bad day, you should call me...hmmm? We're praying for you.

Jeni Brown said...

I am sorry meago that is hard. Being home can be boring trust me I know! I will pray for you to find a great job in event planning I love and miss ya!

Ellen Davenport said...

So sorry to hear that! I called ya, I'm avail for calling back anytime! Love ya, miss ya! And I have a billion ideas for fighting boredom.

holly said...

Hey, Just because we have kids doesn't mean we aren't fun. You could always have a kid!! or maybe Casey Anthony's job at universal for event planning!!!

Tara Johnson said...

You've got a good attitude! Shin up my friend all in the Lord's time! I agree with Holly we are still fun even if we do have kids!